Do you need advice and guidance to help run your DofE Expedition section within your school or organisation? Are you responsible for off-site visits and educational trips? Do you wonder if you’re following current and best practice?
Wayahead Training can provide a comprehensive service offering practical advice in the running of your outdoor activities. We don’t believe that undue concerns over health and safety should be a barrier for young people enjoying the outdoors and having meaningful and developmental experiences.
Our services include:
- Conducting site visits and recces
- Recording observations and risk assessments
- Equipment selection, storage, and maintenance
- Critical incident and emergency procedure planning
- Current and ongoing policy and procedure appraisal and advice
- Staff competency assessments (hill walking & supervision)
- Staff training and development
Costs for the above consulting services will depend on time, group size and locations.
Please contact us for a specific quote.
Outdoor Education Adviser
Members of OEAP are employed or engaged by Local Authorities, Multi-Academy Trusts and other employer groups to deliver advice, support and training in the management and leadership of outdoor learning, off-site visits and learning outside the classroom. OEAP provides a forum for sharing and developing good practice in Outdoor Learning, Educational Visits and Learning Outside the Classroom as well as a training framework for Educational Visits Co-coordinator and Visit Leader training.
Coming in 2018
- EVC Education Visit Coordinator training
- VLT Education Visit Leader
- OLC Outdoor Learning Cards
Assessor and IQA Services
Here at Wayahead Training we have plenty of experience in assessing qualifications and delivering IQA services. If this might benefit your organisation then please get in touch to discuss.
- First Aid assessing / IQA